Friday, October 17, 2014

Modern Concrete Home in Brissago

I haven't posted about any works that I like recently, but I stumbled upon this beauty this morning and had to share it. 


Built in 2013, this home in Brissago Switzerland designed by architects Wespi de Meuron Romeo architects, defines what I imagine my future home to look like. The monolithic concrete form sits atop a hillside, and its form punctured with various size openings for windows. 



The driveway is the roof, and from this level you travel down a small stair to the main entrance courtyard. 




Upon entering you can see that the concrete form has stayed true throughout the building, comprising the floors, walls and ceilings. The home feels anything but heavy, as the many large windows are placed for views allow the house to open up to the landscape. 





The home contains a kitchen, two living areas, a library and an outdoor terrace and courtyard. The lower levels contain the three bedrooms and bathrooms, as well as a gym and sauna. 

The home acts like a historic village with its relationships between ionterior and exterior. 



This home is one of the best examples I've seen of a modern concrete home, if I ever get to Switzerland, I might have to stop by. 







The original posting of this home can be found on archdaily.com by following the below link...
House in Brissago / Wespi de Meuron Romeo architects" 17 Oct 2014. ArchDaily. Accessed 17 Oct 2014. <http://www.archdaily.com/?p=557270








No comments:

Post a Comment