Friday, September 5, 2014

FA14 Studio: Maggie's Centre Pin Up Review


After meeting with my professor in studio on Tuesday, he had us take a different approach towards understanding program. As a group, most of us, including myself had jumped from program straight to form and tried to actually design a building. Gary asked us to step back, and try and create a piece of art with our diagrams and use those to fully understand the program and its needs instead of trying to squish it into a form. 


I went back to the program list and reevaluated it. I diagrammed each space to rough square footage's, got my net and gross sq ft and then did sketchy "art like" diagrams of how those spaces could lay out. 


From these diagrams I then loosely transformed the bubble spaces in scaled spaces of the sizes I had come up with. Then I drew it again with furniture to give it a bit more scale.


Professor Grahm was happy with this process work. Now over the weekend I will be doing a precedent study of behavorial health care centers from 1890-1940. Have a great weekend!!


-A





No comments:

Post a Comment