Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Student Health 101 Poster Contest

Now I know this isn't really architecture related, but in some ways it is. Student health 101 is an online resource Roger Williams uses for students. It has information about sleep habits, eating healthy, safe sex, bystander intervention and stuff like that. I always enjoy reading their posts when I get the monthly email.

They had a poster contest where they asked students to create a poster that would encourage students towards healthier habits. I ended up making and submitting two posters ( I wish I could have made more!)


The above is the first poster I submitted. I wanted it appear like a hand written list, because its about making lists as a way to stay organized, improve short term-memory, prioritize tasks and motivate yourself to get things done. I make lists for everything. I'll even make a list and write things down that I've already done just so I can cross them off! Having a poster like this hanging in a common area or designated study area in a dorm or classroom building on a college campus could help students who may be struggling with staying focused and on task. 




This is the second poster I created for the contest. I made this mostly because I love yoga. I started going to a yoga class here that was an hour long every Monday and Wednesday nights and it totally kicked my ass. Its such an amazing workout. And another thing that I love is Star Wars. When I saw this series of Star Wars Yoga images by Rob Osborne I knew I had to turn it into a poster that could be used to advertise the class. You can view and purchase Rob's prints on his etsy shop,  here at https://www.etsy.com/shop/RobOsborne


I'll find out on July 1st if my posters have been selected to continue to the voting round. I'll keep you posted!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment