Monday, August 11, 2014

RI Masonic Youth Foundation Gazebo Design

***Update***
Below is the updated image for the Masonic Gazebo. The front gable end is closed in and shingled, and will display a plaque dedicating the gazebo to Masonic's Grandma. Check back this weekend for photos of the build!


_________________________________________________________________________________
I started working for the RIMYF when I was 14 years old. I started working in the snack bar and moved on to be lifeguard from 2008-2013. Now that I've "moved on" as they say to a more career oriented summer job (my internship) I've been given a chance to give back to the foundation in a new way. I was asked to design a new Gazebo to be placed at the entrance to the park's parking lot. It will serve as a shelter for the workers who check passes, and as a visually as a marker so people know they have to stop. 

The Gazebo is 12'x10' sitting on a concrete pad. This render is a little rough. Usually I would take more care in the background/landscape, but I rushed to get it done today to show the builder to give myself enough time to fix anything before Wednesday. It took me longer than I thought to get back in the swing of using the programs after not using them at all in studio last semester. I used sketchup to create the gazebo, imported it into Revit as a mass to render and added more materials in Photoshop. 

If this design is approved by the builder and the foundation it will get built this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment